Date: November 8, 2021
Position Title: Cafeteria Worker (Part-time or Full-time)
Location: Slocum ISD
Salary Range: $10.75–$13.75 per hour
Length of Work Year: 182 Days/Year
Work under moderate supervision to prepare and serve appropriate quantities of food to meet menu requirements. Maintain high standards of quality in food production, sanitation, and safety practices.
Ability to understand written and verbal food preparation and safety instructions
Working knowledge of kitchen equipment and food production procedures
Ability to operate large and small kitchen equipment and tools
Ability to perform basic math
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Food Preparation and Serving
1. Prepare quality food according to a planned menu of tested and uniform recipes.
2. Serve food according to meal schedules, departmental policies, and procedures, and practice and promote portion control and proper use of leftovers.
3. Store and handle food items and supplies safely and according to established procedures. Maintain a clean and organized storage area.
Safety and Sanitation
4. Operate tools and equipment according to prescribed safety standards, and follow established procedures to meet high standards of cleanliness, health, and safety.
5. Keep garbage collection containers and areas neat and sanitary.
6. Correct unsafe conditions in work area and promptly report any conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
7. Maintain personal appearance and hygiene.
8. Handle and record cashier functions accurately.
9. Help record food requisitions and order necessary supplies.
10. Maintain daily food preparation records.
11. Promote teamwork and interaction with fellow staff members.
12. Complete annual continuing education requirements.
SLOCUM INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
© 5/24/2011 Texas Association of School Boards, Inc. All rights reserved.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard large and small kitchen equipment and tools including
electric slicer, mixer, pressure steamer, deep-fat fryer, sharp cutting tools, stove, oven,
dishwasher, and food/utility cart
Posture: Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stoop,
pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Continual walking; frequent climbing (ladder), grasping/squeezing, wrist
flexion/extension, reaching/overhead reaching
Lifting: Frequent moderate lifting and carrying (15–44 pounds)
Environment: Work inside in commercial kitchen environment; exposure to extreme hot
and cold temperatures, extreme humidity, noise, vibration, microwaves, biological
hazards (bacteria, mold, fungi), chemical hazards (fumes, vapors, gases), electrical
hazards; work with hands in water; work around machinery with moving parts; work on
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job
and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or
skills that may be required.
Send cover letter, district application, résumé, transcripts, and copy of credentials
5765 East State Hwy 294
Elkhart, TX 75839
Applicants for all positions are considered without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy),
national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other legally
protected status. Additionally, the district does not discriminate against an applicant who acts to oppose
such discrimination or participates in the investigation of a complaint related to a discriminating