A Public Hearing Meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Slocum Independent School District was held August 22, 2013 at 6:50 PM in the Board Room of the Slocum Independent School District, 5765 E. State Hwy 294, Elkhart, Texas.
1. CALL TO ORDER – Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code Chapter 551
A. Establish Quorum – Board President, Malon Reed, announced that a quorum was present and that the meeting was duly called.
1) Members Present – Malon Reed, Roger Jones, Daniel Bailey, Darren Farley, Steve Webb, John Day
2) Absent – Brad Chapin
3) School Officials Present – Cliff Lasiter, Errin Deer, Mark Leuschner, Kim O’Dell
4) Guest(s) Present – Kay Reed
B. Pledges of Allegiance
C. Invocation – John Day
2. PUBLIC MEETING FOR DISCUSSION
A. Proposed Budget for 2013-2014 School Year – The budget that was presented in the July, 2013 meeting was proposed for consideration.
B. Proposed Tax Rate for 2013-2014 School Year – The tax rate of 1.04 per cent was proposed for consideration.
It was moved by Steve Webb and seconded by Roger Jones to adjourn the meeting.
Yeas: Malon Reed, Roger Jones, Daniel Bailey, Darren Farley, Steve Webb, John Day